WAIVER AND INDEMNITY STATEMENT
1) When signing this waiver, participants confirm that they are aware of the risks and hazards associated with participating in a WannaDo Event (“the event”) and freely accept and fully assume all the dangers and risks associated with the event and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting therefrom.
2) Participants agree that they shall have no claim whatsoever against WannaDo Events (Pty) Ltd (“WannaDo”), any individual, official, marshal, assistant, vendor or promoter in respect of same of any loss, death or damage whatsoever which participants may suffer as a result of the event arising, regardless of whether or not the same shall have been caused directly or indirectly by the negligence, albeit gross, of one or more of all the aforementioned parties.
3) Persons taking part in the event as part of a team and whose entries were made on their behalf are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by virtue of their participation in the event.
4) Participants understand that it is their personal responsibility to ensure that all protective equipment required when participating in the event is worn.
5) Participants have sole responsibility for their personal possessions and athletic equipment during the event and its related activities.
6) Participants confirm that all their race equipment is in good working order, and accept that the event marshals can remove them from the event if the equipment is suspected to be sub-standard.
7) Participants agree that they are physically fit, sufficiently prepared and able to compete in the event and furthermore have not been advised not to participate in the event by a medical professional.
8) Road traffic regulations must be strictly observed at all times.
9) Participants acknowledge and agree that their entry fee is non-refundable under any circumstances, including but not limited to cancellation of the event due to bad weather or other “Acts of God”.
10) Participants acknowledge that they cannot transfer their registration of one even to another event, under any circumstances.
11) The organizer retains the right to change the course at any time for safety reasons.
12) The event participants will be fair and respectful to the other participants and supporters.
13) The Waiver Form must be construed broadly to provide release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
14) It is the Participants’ express intent that this agreement shall bind the members of the family of the participant and spouse if the participant is alive, and the participant’s heirs and assigns if the participant is deceased.
1) The participant confirms that he/she has read this Waiver and Indemnity statement, and understands that she/he takes part in event at his/her own risk and indemnifies WannaDo and all the aforementioned parties against any claim which may result from his/her participation.
2) This indemnity applies equally to teams entering the event.
3) In entering 'the event', the participant understands that WannaDo’s organising committee will take photographs of the event including participants to the event and he/she consents to such photographs being taken at the event and being used for promotional and publicity purposes at WannaDo’s sole discretion, on print, and on the internet, TV and video.
4) The participant further understands and accepts that the photographs are and will remain the property of WannaDo.
5) The participant indemnifies WannaDo against any claims that could possibly result from participation in the event, including but not limited to any and all liability arising from the negligence of fault of WannaDo.
6) Participants also indemnify WannaDo for any and all consequences which may ensue as a result of this participation.
By entering 'the event' participants agree to the above and acknowledge:
Having read, understood and agreed to the above,
That I, we am aware of and acknowledge the risks, terms and conditions and waiver,
That I, we release WannaDo and their partners from liability, and that
I, we have executed this agreement voluntarily.